Online Resources. Mostly Free.
- Free Computer classes at Salinas Public Library. Learn how to use a Chromebook, internet, email and word processing.
- $5-$20 Broadband Internet for Low-Income people from Comcast or Spectrum or AT&T
- Free, live online student homework help: any subject, k-12, 7-days/week. English or Spanish (made possible by Monterey County Free Libraries & Salinas Public Library).
- Free, Rosetta Stone online language learning (made possible by Salinas Public Library).
- Free, live online academic and job assistance for veterans transitioning to civilian life. 7-days/week. (made possible by Monterey County Free Libraries).
- Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning is a leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Contains engaging, top-quality courses taught by recognized industry experts. If you are a Monterey County Free Libraries card holder, Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning video library is Free.
- edX is the trusted platform for education and learning and Free for all. Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX is home to more than 20 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world and industry-leading companies. As a global nonprofit, edX is transforming traditional education, removing the barriers of cost, location and access. edX delivers courses for curious minds on topics ranging from data and computer science to leadership and communications.
- Interested in free programing and coding classes for kids, moms, veterans, and anyone else? Click here for a large list of resources.
- $55/incident remote tech support for nonprofits from TechSoup
- Sams Resource Guide: Guide to all active Monterey County nonprofits by services offered (housing, food, etc.)
- 50% off your Comcast Internet bill/ month through CPUC's CTF Discount Program ( http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/ctf/ ).
Once you apply and are approved by the CPUC, write/call this contact within Comcast to get 50% off. Comcast does not advertise this but we just got approved and was given the ok by Errol from Comcast (below) that I can share this with my non-profit colleagues and people who service non-profits , s o they can share it . It'll save at least $720/year.
Errol Flynn Del Rosario
Business Project Coordinator – California
3077 Comcast Pl, Livermore CA 94551